AdWords App recently got an update, to be precise on 15th January 2018. Google has now enabled the PPC advertisers to add, edit or remove keywords from ad campaigns using the AdWords app. So basically, Google is trying to make the life of Digital Marketers easy by rolling out valuable updates on its Apps. Till now, the keyword editing functionality was missing from the App. Google has now solved the problem with this update & now PPC experts can edit their ads more conveniently on mobiles.
So what features has been added to the Google Adwords App version 1.9.1? Well, predominantly it’s a Keyword rich app update. The two major changes that this version has for the Adwords Experts or Google Partners are mentioned below.
- The users have now got the ability to add, edit and remove keywords from specific campaigns, ad groups and ads.
- Similar to the web version of Google Adwords, the app can now show keyword opportunities to make your campaigns better.
Steps to Use the New Keyword Features and Functions on Google Adwords App
If you haven’t updated the AdWords app yet then update it now to unlock the keyword rich features. The app is available for both Android and iOS mobile phones and tablets. You’re going to learn step by step to use keyword features, so update app on Google play store.
How to Manage Keywords on Adwords App?
Keywords are the pillar of an ad campaign. An Adwords expert knows the value of keyword optimization in ads specially Search Ads. As a PPC specialist you should be well aware of the fact that adding right keywords can increase the sales & lower the cost significantly. Let’s have a look on how to manage keywords on Google Adwords mobile app & what are the options available.
Steps to Add new keywords in Ad Campaign
- You have to scroll down in the overview screen of Google Adwords App and tap on “keywords”
- Next you have to tap the “Plus Button” to select the campaign and move on to Ad group
- Once you’re in the Ad Group screen, tap + Add a keyword
- In the next step, you have to enter your keyword and select the right keyword match type i.e. broad, phrase or exact match
- Once you have completed the above step and added all keywords, then click the checkmark
- Tap Save and you’re done with adding keywords in your ad campaign on the Adwords App.
Steps to Edit existing keywords on Adwords Mobile App
- The first step is similar to the first step of adding new keywords. You have to scroll down in the overview screen and go to the keywords section.
- Once you’re in that page, click on any keyword that you want to edit.
- Change the keyword or keyword match type and save it. Keyword editing is done, it was so simple.
Steps to remove the keywords in Ad Campaign
- The first step remains the same, you have to go to the keywords section in Google Adwords App.
- In the next step, you have to tap on a keyword that you want to remove. Click on the Trashcan and confirm your action. Congrats! You’ve removed a non-performing keyword.
How to Check Keyword Opportunities on Google Adwords App?
The 2nd feature that has been rolled out in version 1.9.1 is the ability to check keyword opportunities for existing ad campaigns. It is similar to web version & Adwords advertisers can now see all the potential keyword recommendations in the app itself. Other Ad improvement opportunities and suggestions are not available in the app yet, you need to check adwords on web for them.
Steps to check and apply keywords opportunities for Ad Campaigns
- Tap on the “Menu” icon and go to the Opportunities section of the Adwords App.
- In the next screen, tap on the text “Add new keywords to get your ads in front of more potential customers”.
- Now you will be able to see all keyword suggestions for an ad campaign.
- Tap on any “Suggested Section”, you will be able to see and edit all suggested keywords in that category. You can also see the impact of adding those keywords to your campaign, like increase in impressions, click and cost.
- Click on the “Apply” button after you have edited the keywords and ready to add them to the ad campaign.
How to forecast keyword performance for ad campaign in Google Adwords App?
Digital Marketers and PPC experts can forecast about a keyword’s performance after adding it to an ad campaign with the help of AdWords mobile application. This feature lets all campaigns with manually bidding to see which keywords can boost the ad performance. We have solved this puzzle and will show you step by step how to use forecasting feature in the app.
Steps to use Keyword Performance Forecast function in Adwords App
- Scroll down in the Overview screen and tap on campaigns.
- In the next screen you have to select a campaign and then tap on Keywords
- After coming to the keywords screen. Tap the “Plus Button” and you will be required to select an ad group.
- Tap +Add a keyword. Enter your keyword, select match type and click on the checkmark
- After adding a minimum of 1 new keyword, the option of “See Estimated Impact” will appear for manual CPC bidding campaigns.
- Click on “See Estimated Impact” and the Google AdWords app will show you keyword performance forecast for one month on the metrics of impression, click and cost.
Note: This feature is only available for Ad campaigns with Manual CPC bidding. If your ads contain any other bidding type then this feature will not appear in your app.
How to check keyword ideas for an ad campaign in Google Adwords App?
The last keyword related function in the latest version of Google Adwords mobile app is the ability to “Get keyword Ideas” related to ad campaign, business or any landing page. Digital Marketing and PPC experts are already aware of these functions on the web version of Google Adwords, but using them on mobile is still not popular though. Here is how you can use the “Get keyword ideas” tool to maximize the output of your search, shopping and display advertisement on Google.
Steps to use the “Get Keyword Ideas” feature on Adwords mobile app
- The initial steps are similar to the steps of Keyword Performance Forecast.
- You have to go to the keywords section first through the overview screen.
- In the keywords section, tap the “Plus Button” , select campaign and then ad group.
- Now you have reached the “Add Keywords” screen. In the bottom of screen, you will be able to see “Get Keyword Ideas”. Just tap on it.
- In the next screen of Google Adwords App, you can search for ideas by entering either landing pages, related websites, any word or even a small description of your business.
- Enter your query and in the next screen all keyword ideas will appear along with the metrics of monthly average searches. You can select multiple keywords from this screen and add to your ad campaign.
Other Features Available in Google AdWords App
As of today, i.e. 22nd January 2018, the latest version of Google Adwords App (1.9.1) for android devices has a lot of feature that makes the life of PPC specialists and business owners easy as they are able to keep their campaign in check on the go. Some of the cool features of the app are mentioned below.
- You can view all stats of your ad campaign.
- You are able to update bids and budgets from the app itself.
- Google AdWords app lets you do keyword research, keyword management and suggest better keywords for your campaigns.
- You can call a Google Expert from the app if you face any difficulty.
- Receive real time alerts and notification on your mobile so that you can act instantly, which is not possible on the web version as you can’t keep sitting on your laptop every time.
- You can make payments via the app itself in case your budget gets exhausted.
- Last but not the least, through the Google Adwords app, you are able to adjust Ad Scheduling and device-wise bid adjustment.
All these exciting features make the Adwords App a must have app for everyone who is spending money on Google’s Pay Per Click advertisement. Although currently creating an Ad Campaign is not possible on the App but since it’s developed by Google so we can hope for that feature to be live very soon.
Google has made the Adwords App for Android and iOS devices a much more valuable application with adding the keywords related features. Now you don’t have to worry even if you are away from the computer, you can manage ad campaigns on mobile phones also. The usefulness of the app has increased with this new update and hope that Google will take some more steps toward giving Advertisers a comprehensive experience on not just managing campaigns but also creating them on the Adwords mobile app itself.
We will come with more news on the app, until then you can always read other blogs and news articles related to Google Adwords on marketingmediawizard.com and stay updated.
Read all the latest happenings in the world of Google Adwords
Reference for the keyword management function :- Google Help Center